Labat Africa Limited (“Labat” or ”Labat Africa”) is a local black owned and managed Investment Holding Company, listed on the Venture Capital Market of the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (“JSE”) as well as the Frankfort Stock Exchange (“FSE”). Labat was founded and incorporated in 1995 by Brian van Rooyen and Victor Labat and listed on the JSE in 1999 as one of the first listed BEE companies.
In 2019 we outlined our future plans in respect of our repositioning strategy and value creation, which, along with our assessment of the full potential of each of our businesses, informed the context of our change and identification of value-enhancing opportunities.
The Labat Africa Board have made the strategic decision to transition the business from an investment holding company into a fully Integrated cannabis business with a focus on healthcare, wellness and industrial hemp. Labat Africa Limited has developed a complete repositioning strategy which is currently being implemented. The company has made a number of acquisitions in the cannabis space, as well as forming strategic partnerships to reach its goal of becoming the a market leader in the medicinal and industrial cannabis space by focusing on utilizing world-class scientific processes, the best human resources, strategic partnerships with market leaders, the best available medical skills, technology, formulations and intellectual property.
In line with the new strategy Labat Africa Limited has already completed the following acquisitions
- Sweetwater Aquaponics – A GACP, GMP and SAHPRA approved cannabis cultivation and processing facility.
- CannAfrica – A retail business which manufactures a wide range of CBD infused health and wellness products.
- The Highly Creative – A company that owns IP such as Genetics, technology and processes as well as a R2.1bn offtake agreement.
- Biodata – A research company with a focus on using cannabis as treatment for patients for a variety of ailments.
- African Cannabis Enterprises (ACE Genetics) – a cannabis company which owns various genetics and currently trades in cannabis raw materials.
- Echo Life – a Miami owned CBD Health and Wellness Company.
Buy shares in Labat Africa
Click on one of the below to buy your Labat Africa shares: